SCHOOL OF MINISTRY AT THE WELL
An invitation to go deeper in living a Jesus-centred lifestyle based in:
- Passionate Faith
- Radical Love
- Relationship of intimacy with God
- Pioneering and creativity in mission, in a family-feel team based in the local church
- Specific modules on living Naturally Supernatural, Inner Freedom and Church Planting
Deeper purpose: To raise and equip our family of believers to move in the power of Holy Spirit, secure in their identity and authority, living in Jesus-centred intimacy and living out their destinies and callings. Learning to love, living in hunger for God and generously sharing God’s transforming power in everyday life.
Deeper lifestyle: Develop and grow life tools and habits to become people of robust, faith-filled character, underpinned by a life of prayer, worship, bible inspiration and a sacrificial heart. Growing our ability to live in community, persevere and pioneer. Helping people live into the fullness of their gifting and callings. Preparing them for a life where the supernatural and missional intermix, whatever their context – workplace, family or ministry, locally or internationally.
Deeper impact: To significantly impact the culture of Sheffield for the kingdom of God. Helping The Well to launch new ministries and mission across this city and its cultures, or partner with others’ initiatives. Enabling us to increase our life of prayer and to serve the poor/vulnerable within the context of a church focussed on the city and called to the nations.
What does DEEPER involve?
DEEPER programme begins September 2017 to June 2018. Part Time (approx 16 contact-hours plus optional extras per week, following the academic term pattern) spread over 2 days a week, plus some evenings & Sundays. Typically this means: all day-Monday, Thursday afternoon & evening. You may need to work part-time alongside Deeper, or there’s space for other initiatives and commitments.
A radical mix of:
- ⅓ worship/prayer
- ⅓ outreach to our city and beyond
- ⅓ teaching & discipleship input
We strongly believe in raising missionary disciples within a nurturing context of family and community and within a culture with a clear focus on the missional and the supernatural. DEEPER participants become part of The Well family, equally as involved as other members in serving/facilitating our local church activities and conferences, plus partnering with other churches/agency’s initiatives in the city.
Across the year we’ll learn how to serve and reach people for Jesus in stretching situations around Sheffield. Plus, occasional faith-stretching missionary trips to new contexts, most likely including overseas.
Alongside scheduled input, trainees are expected to read & study chunks of the bible, as well as a set reading list and other occasional personal study. Enough to get your teeth into, but not too much to manage with a full schedule and other part-time commitments.
DEEPER offers 2 tracks
- a part-time 9-month intensive programme for those ready and willing to join.
- individual modules as part of the school available to the public as regular evening/weekend events around deeper training and deeper encounter. We’re planning our renowned ‘Naturally Supernatural’ course led by Nick & Marjorie Allan during the Autumn term 2017, followed by a Church Planting module in 2018.
Who is DEEPER for?
- The family of The Well Sheffield
- Mature and new believers welcome
- Anyone with a heart to go deeper and can give their time to engage in this school
- Any nationality, church background or part of another church family here in the city
- There’s no upper age limit, but we’re expecting most folk to be 21+
- We welcome alumni of other ministry schools (like Bethel, Iris, CTF, YWAM, PIH)